To Vote or Not to Vote | Nathan Colquhoun

To Vote or Not to Vote

January 24, 20064

I decided not to post something about this until the elections were finished. But out of curiosity. Did you vote? Why? or Why not?


  • Rob

    January 25, 2006 at 6:33 am

    I voted. I firmly believe we have a responsibility to take part in the process.
    If you don’t vote then you have NO right whatsoever to complain about how things are.
    I believe I heard that about 65 percent of eligible voters voted in this election. I find it hard to believe the other 35 percent were too busy to vote especially since they had the option to vote early if we had something else to do on Monday.


  • aaron

    January 25, 2006 at 1:26 pm

    this year i decided to vote. for the previous couple of elections i didn’t end up voting, because i didn’t spend the time to educate myself on the issues and positions of each candidate/party. obviously, it was my fault, but i don’t believe in blindly voting for the party that all the other Christians are telling me to vote for because of their stance on same-sex marriage, or whatever. so this year, i took the time to read the positions on each of the parties and was able to cast an educated vote.


  • Jamie Arpin-Ricci

    January 25, 2006 at 5:07 pm

    I voted and blogged calling all other Canadians to vote. We benefit a great deal from our governments, the least we can do is participate. I have yet to hear a reasonable argument against it. Just my 2 cents.

    Jamie Arpin-Ricci


  • Fournie

    January 25, 2006 at 6:55 pm

    Heck yes I voted.
    If I don’t I pretty much have no excuse to complain about really…well anything.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *