- Introduction: What To Do with Street Preachers in Downtown Sarnia
- Asking Them To Leave: Conversation With a Street Preacher Part 1
- Relationship over Preaching: My First Response to the Street Preacher Part 2
- Conversation with a Street Preacher: Part 3 And If I Can Accept The Trinity, Why Not Anything Else?
- Conversation with a Street Preacher: Part 4
- You Can't Afford to Be Wrong - Conversation With A Street Preacher Part 5
- Revealed Truth is Not the Bible, It's Jesus - Conversation With A Street Preacher Part 6
- Humans Would Never Publish The Bible: Conversation with a Street Preacher Part 7
- Street Preacher Survival Guide: A Downtown Sarnia First Friday Installation
- Part 8 - I Noticed You Are Associated With The Emergent Church
- Part 9 - Maybe We Both Can't Afford to Be Wrong
- Street Preaching Debate on Moody Radio
Thanks for email. You have given me much to respond to that I thought it best to send a portion of all I want to say.One reason for slow replies is that I type slowly.I’m still not use to all the new gadgets of technology, plus other matters also come in between that speedy responds are not my forte.I know that will probably surprise you as you correctly said that you responded to my letter to the editor about 3 years ago [Gobal warming], therefore since I wrote over the years many letters to various newspapers; it’s easy to assume that I must be a computer whiz which I’m not. In fact most of my letters to the Editors were handwritten sometimes 3 or 4 times over.
So now to the matter on hand, let me first say I was requested by the church board of Peoples church to inform you that in my exchanges with you Nathan, that I’m speaking for myself not on behalf of my church,or any church for that matter.
So from now on I’ll not include others inferring likewise belief unless granted permission, but may include quotes recorded by Bookauthors etc.
I’m certainly not inerrant.Nevertheless we at Peoples Church all concur to the common Gospel of Jesus Christ as properly understood which includes the concept of personal sin,personal repentance which leads to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.There must be a forsaking of sin; at least that should be the intent then sorry if you and your followers don’t plan to strive to stop sinning then yes theres strong indication you and many others are not saved.If you are saved that way by way of the cross then you wouldn’t be offended by our message. You would want to join us.
I detect in your correspondence your disgust with the mention of hell. If it was up to me as the rest of humanity would write the Bible differently excluding hell aitogether and lighten up on sin and even make some allowance for some sins that please the senses perhaps. My point is the more reason to believe the Bible is indeed God’s Word, for us mere mortals would never publish such a restrictive book.
I think it best to continue later on and to address your inquiries of the Bible etc.Nevertheless you may respond anytime you deem fit.