Photoshoot At Holmes Foundry | Nathan Colquhoun

Photoshoot At Holmes Foundry

June 1, 20099

I went out with Troy Shantz (who is my newest friend here renting space from theStory) and Nikki Gould on a trash the dress shoot. We ended up at the old Holmes Foundry and exploring. The location was so dirty and trashy that we didn’t do much trashing of the dress and more just really got what we could out of the location. Next time we’ll move it to some dirt or water to really make it exciting. This is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this, so it was pretty fun. Elegance Bridal donated a few dresses and Louise Cook and Sam Scimmi were our models and we shot away for a few hours. It was awesome. The pressure of having to have the right shots for a real wedding was off and we just got to have fun. Check out 41 of the photos here, and here is a few of my favourites below. I don’t know what it was, but I was loving the one setup of Sam in the half open door with the light shining in the back.

Holmes Foundry Shoot (10 of 41)

Holmes Foundry Shoot (8 of 41)

Holmes Foundry Shoot (19 of 41)

Holmes Foundry Shoot (22 of 41)

Holmes Foundry Shoot (23 of 41)

Holmes Foundry Shoot (26 of 41)

Holmes Foundry Shoot (27 of 41)

Holmes Foundry Shoot (28 of 41)

Holmes Foundry Shoot (30 of 41)

Holmes Foundry Shoot (34 of 41)

Holmes Foundry Shoot (37 of 41)

Holmes Foundry Shoot (39 of 41)

Holmes Foundry Shoot (41 of 41)

9 comments

• melissa upfold

June 1, 2009 at 3:18 pm

wow. these look amazing! great job. what exactly is a ‘trash the dress’ photoshoot & where do i sign up to start coming out shooting with you.

• Nathan Colquhoun

June 1, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Hey Melissa, It’s a photographic club on facebook for us lambton county folks, the guy that started it works out of theStory.
    Facebook is down right now so I don’t have the link.
    Lambton Kent Professional Photographers is the name of it, I told Troy that you were interested so just send him a message!

Nathan.

• Nick Dekold

June 1, 2009 at 3:44 pm

great work man…. I really like some of the shots you got…what type of camera are you using?

• Nathan Colquhoun

June 1, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Hey man, long time no talk! Thanks!

I just got myself an XTI, one day I’ll upgrade…one day soon I hope.

• Nicki Gould

June 2, 2009 at 10:42 am

Hey Nathan….great shots in the door…love them! It was a blast! Can’t wait for the next shoot!

• Maryanne Grieve

June 2, 2009 at 1:59 pm

I had a blast,It will shock you what idea I have for the next time.

• Maryanne Grieve

July 15, 2009 at 10:56 am

I am organizing 50 to 100 brides for the next trash the dress I am aiming for Aug 23, 2009

• Al Dobson

September 12, 2009 at 7:00 am

What a fantastic shoot. Love #4 and the doorway images.

• ally

January 23, 2010 at 10:52 pm

holmes foundry is a site that has extremly potent chemicals all over the property that give you lung cancewr, it’s filled with abspetos and killed many people including my father who only worked there a little while.